Updated Schedule and Heat Sheets:
The City Frosh/Soph Championships will be held at Hanson Stadium (at Central and Fullerton) on Saturday. The entrance of the stadium can be accessed through the parking lot of Dr. Jorge Prieto Math and Science Academy at 2231 N Central Ave, Chicago, IL 60639.
Bus leaves Northside at 8:00 am Saturday morning.
The meet will begin at 10:00 am, and they will try to have the meet completed by 4:00 pm.
Shields will be awarded to the top two teams. Ribbons will be awarded to 1st – 6th place finishers of each event during the finals on Saturday.
Final results will be available online at http://www.athletic.net/.
- “All student-athletes must be prepared to prove their identity during the meets, preferably through CPS HS Identification cards. ID checks will be administered throughout each meet to ensure the eligibility and identity of participants.”
- Uniforms for relay teams must match or be very similar. Check in with your relay and make sure this is in order by Friday. If you have any questions, ask your coaches ASAP.
- Relay alternates must be ready to go. If you’re an alternate for a relay, you need to be available at the time of the relay. No exceptions.
- Throws: Field implements (shot, discus) must be weighed for accuracy.
- Sprints: Blocks may not be provided at the starting line.
- High jump: Opening height is 4’8” for boys and will be raised 2” until 5’0”/6’0”, then will subsequently be raised 1”.
- Spike Length: 1/4” or shorter
- No tape is to be used on the track/runways. Beanbags, tennis ball halves, and chalk are permissible.
- Athletes can use the backside of the track for warm-up/cool down. Athletes must be off the track unless reporting to the staging area or warming up or cooling down in the designated area.
- The track is a 440 yd, eight lane, all-weather surface. All distances except the Mile Relay and 2 Mile Relay are marked on the track in meters consistent with IHSA Metric Events.