Varsity City Trials are being held on Tuesday for girls and Wednesday for boys. Finals for both will be held on Saturday for those who advance.
Freshmen and sophomores are still practicing until Sectionals even if you may not race at Sectionals because we will try to get as many people down to the State Meet as possible.
- Easy run
- Varsity Girls Trials: Bus at 3:10 pm
- Boys in the Trials: 20-30 minute pre-meet
- Everyone else: Fartlek on Tempo Loop/Mather Course + weight training
- 10 x 30 seconds at 1600m effort, 60s jogs between
- Weight training at same weight (or slightly heavier), but 50% fewer reps
- Varsity Boys Trials: Bus at 3:10 pm
- Everyone else: 40 minutes easy
- 30 minutes easy
- Friday: Practice starts at 3:45 pm on Friday
- Saturday Finalists: 20 minute pre-meet
- Everyone else:
- Time trials with Mather and Von at River Park Track
- Boys will have a short workout after to prepare for Sectionals.
- Varsity City Championships Finals: Bus leaves at 8:30 am
- Everyone else: 40-50 minute easy run on your own
- Sunday: Rest day
- Monday: TBD
- Tuesday: TBD
- Girls Sectionals
Cool thing for the week:
Donald Sage and Tim Keller’s legendary 3200m race at the State Meet. Watch that last lap!