There will be a parent meeting on Thursday August 16th at 5:00 pm for everyone interested in participating in Cross Country this year. We will be meeting in the NCP cafeteria. Parents, please come to the meeting if you are available and bring your student-athlete. Contact Coach Cobb by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or are unable to attend the meeting. Practices will begin on Friday August 17th at 3:45 pm.
All athletes not competing this weekend must return their (washed) uniforms on Tuesday at 4:00 pm. Please only turn in your own to avoid disputes about missing uniforms. If you can not turn in your uniform at this time, contact Coach Giberson to arrange an alternate time.
You will be charged for missing uniforms.
Weather is not cooperating this season. More information on this week’s meets will be posted tonight.
We may just cancel this meet since there are meets scheduled that weekend already.
Unfortunately, Geneva High School made the decision this morning to cancel their track meet due to the weather. It will not be postponed.
Northside is already in the process of adding a new meet to the schedule next week. More information on that will be announced once finalized.
Due to the cold weather, Niles West has canceled their meet for this year.
Due to the lack of athletes to field many of the relay events, and since the meet would be long and cold, we are canceling the girls CPS Relays meet on Saturday for Northside.
The boys meet schedule for Saturday is still on as of Wednesday, April 4. We are not canceling the boys meet for Northside, but will wait on Niles West’s call. The boys meet includes several individual events and will be shorter in duration, so we are not canceling. Niles West will decide on Friday if they will cancel the meet due to weather.
Northside competed at the Indoor City Championships on March 18th. Top 6 athletes in each event scored points and earned medals.
The following athletes earned medals:
- Asher Rappaport – 6th in 60m hurdles
- Noa Choi – 3rd in 400m
- Guy Lohoua – 4th in 400m
- Distance Runners:
- Sara McCoy – 5th in 800m and 2nd in 1600m
- Jacob Yosowitz – 6th in 800m
- Gabriel Vara – 6th in 1600m
- John Kim – 6th in 4 x 800m
- Ezra Hill – 6th in 4 x 800m
- Jalen Miron – 6th in 4 x 800m
- Seth Karall – 6th in 4 x 800m
You can find full results to the meet here: https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/323091/results
Sprints practice is at 10:00 am.
Distance practice will meet at the school at 4:00 pm as usual.
Indoor City Championships will be held at Henry Crown Field House this Sunday.
Final accepted entries are HERE. These are the entries accepted into the meet based off the standards of the meet coordinators. Criteria included the top seeds entered by all schools and/or performance standards.
- Bus leaves Northside at 8 am on Sunday.
- The Henry Crown Field House is located on the campus of the University of Chicago at 5550 University Avenue Chicago 60637. The entrance is at the intersection of 56th and University Avenue.
- The track is a 200m – 6 lanes and 8 lanes for sprints.
- 1/8” spikes allowed only. Disqualifications will be made if spikes are too long.
- Field events start at 10:00 am
- Track events start at 10:45 am
- Order of Events:
3200m Run Finals
4x800m Relay Finals
60m Hurdle Finals
60m Dash Finals
800m Run Finals
4x200m Relay Finals
400m Dash Finals
1600m Run Finals
200m Dash Finals
4x400m Relay Finals